Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
15,196 Posts
Can you say BLING !!!?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Some chrome is good but too much is TOO MUCH!!!! This may not look too bad if it were a black or red XK.....maybe.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
This may not look too bad if it were a black or red XK.....maybe.
I really think the color of the vehicel makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
its ugly !! ,,, why the hell there is side step while it is lowered !!!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I prefer chrome over black plastic molding, which generally just looks cheap, but that is too much.

In the same vein, some big SUVs look decent "blinged out" (not that it's my personal style), but the Commander for whatever reason just doesn't "bling" well... to me it's an all-terrain vehicle, not a suburban bling-mobile. I like the look of the off-the-showfloor chrome trim, but anything much beyond that is just not right.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is just disgustingly gross and unacceptable. And that is hard or me to say, b/c i was once the king of bling haha ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nothing’s sillier looking than a lowered 4x4. There’s a hummer H2 running around town here that’s lowered. It also has 24 inch wheels with ‘’Wrigley wrap’’ tires. (As in Wrigley’s chewing gum) ‘Stupid looking’ is an understatement.

At least the Commander in question isn’t all THAT bad looking.

·
Administrator
15,196 Posts
Nothing’s sillier looking than a lowered 4x4. There’s a hummer H2 running around town here that’s lowered. It also has 24 inch wheels with ‘’Wrigley wrap’’ tires. (As in Wrigley’s chewing gum) ‘Stupid looking’ is an understatement.

At least the Commander in question isn’t all THAT bad looking.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not my style but it actually makes the XK look "pretty" :banana_hitit:

It looks someone needs to stop googling "jeep accessories"

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That's just way too much chrome! Might be ok with another color, but wow, too much.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I didn't mind the amount of chrome on mine, but the magnesium chloride they use on the roads here seems to pit the 'plastichrome' all over. The rear hatch, side moldings, rear grab handles all look like junk after two and a half years. I might just black all that stuff out. Even the luggage rack rails may not escape my wrath.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Makes me think of a pimple-faced teen with big shiny braces.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts